Applications are invited from suitably and experienced individuals for the above post.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:-
- Proper preparation and serving of meals
- Estimating expected food consumption and organizing preparation
- Keeping records and accounts of food purchases
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of 5 O’Levels including Food and Nutrition / Food Science or better.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef or restaurant cook.
- At least five years’ experience in the Catering Industry
- High level of professionalism
- Committed to practice, check, and strengthen food safety procedures
- In-depth knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Competent at creating and upholding a safe working environment
Interested persons with requisite qualifications should send CVs not later than 3 December 2019 at 2.30 pm to
The Acting HR & Admin Manager
Upper Manyame Subcatchment Council
No. 9 Connaught Avenue, Newlands,
- Invitations for Interviews will only be sent to shortlisted candidates who MUST be prepared to assume duty on the 9th of December 2019. If communication is not received from the Council by the 4th of December 2019, it is assumed that you were not shortlisted. The results of interviews will only be sent to successful candidates only within a short space of time.
The Council does not bind itself to recruit on the basis of high qualifications attained by the applicants.